- Jan 2018: Clane – Scoil Mhuire Monday mornings or Tuesday evenings (10 week course) and Tallaght County Library for 7 weeks of creative writing on Wednesday evenings.
- Feb 2018: Join me in Lucan Library for two workshops – one for children and one for teenagers.
- All my winter and spring workshops are now booked out.
- 2016 – 2017 Community Writer in Residence in the Dublin Rape Crisis Centre in conjunction with The Irish Writers’ Centre (Dublin City Council)
- 2017 Short Fiction placed second in the Dromineer International Literary Festival Flash Fiction Competition
- 2016 Flash fiction long-listed in the Fish Flash Fiction Competition
- 2016 Short story long-listed in the Bath Short Story Award
- 2015 Cecil Day Lewis Literary Bursary Award: Emerging Writers (Kildare County Council)
- 2015 Arts Act Grant (Kildare County Council)
- 2013 Travel Grant to perform work (Culture Ireland)
- 2012 Short story placed third in the Sentinel Literary Quarterly Competition
- 2012 Tyrone Guthrie Centre Residency Bursary Award (Kildare County Council)
Public Readings and Appearances
Shauna has read from her work and/or facilitated workshops at many events both sides of the Atlantic including:
- The West Cork Literary Festival (2012, Cork)
- The Dromineer Literary Festival (2017, Tipperary)
- The Red Line Book Festival (2013, Dublin)
- The Write Time Festival (2017, Dublin)
- London Irish Centre (2013, London, UK)
- Chapter Arts Centre (2012, Cardiff, UK)
- Vanderbilt University (2010, Nashville, USA)
- AWP (2010, Denver, USA)
Some Recordings of Shauna’s Writing
- Shauna reads from Happiness Comes from Nowhere in Kenny’s Bookshop, Galway
- Actor Pat Laffan reads Shauna’s story ‘Roses’ as part of Kildare County Council Literature Programme 2015 Stories for the Ear
- Shauna reads ‘Remains’ for the Virtual Reading Room at the Olentangy Review (Summer 2013).
A Selection of Interviews with Shauna Gilligan
- Niamh Boyce discusses juggling life and writing
- Mel Ulm discusses Irishness, loneliness and suicide
- Nuala Ní Chonchúir discusses juggling work, motherhood and the creative life
- Vanessa Gebbie discusses structure, narrative and characterisation and asks Shauna if she could have a painting of one scene from the novel, which would she choose?
- Sue Guiney asks about titles and the sense of place in Happiness Comes from Nowhere.